We all have different personalities, different wants and needs, and different ways of showing our emotions. Emotional Intelligence (EI) reflects our ability to deal successfully with emotions. How well we deal with our emotions governs how we manage ourselves and our relationships. Emotional Intelligence (EI) – our ability to identify, use and manage emotions well – is at the heart of leadership, productivity, wellbeing and effective collaboration in the workplace and everyday life. Research clearly shows that the most effective and productive people are those with high Emotional Intelligence.
This EI workshop will enable your staff participants to develop effective awareness and practical strategies for enhancing people skills, connecting with others, building trust and rapport, while managing oneself, and relationships with others. The participants will develop important tools to enhance their ability to recognise and appropriately respond to others’ emotions during this period of uncertainty. During this training, your staff participants will develop a model of EI and a framework to better understand the importance of EI in the workplace and everyday life.
Objectives of the Programme
At the completion of this workshop, your participants will be able to:
- Describe the value of emotional intelligence in the modern workplace
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses related to emotional intelligence
- Manage and adapt emotional behaviors that impact your work relationships
- Integrate empathy to promote strong team player attributes and communication
- Create an action plan that identifies specific milestones for implementing tangible strategies that can help in increasing emotional intelligence
- Minimize conflict and increase productivity by better managing the emotional impact of office politics and working with others
- Apply the concept of emotional intelligence to a workplace setting
- Explain how emotional intelligence can be used to improve inter-personal relationships and guide self-development
- Compare and contrast interventions designed to develop emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of emotional intelligence research
- Understand the role that EI can play in creating the kind of work environment that will maximize employee engagement and productivity, increase employee retention, and sustain healthy outcomes for both individuals and the organization.
Benefits to the Employee
At the end of this training, your staff participants will be able to:
- Understand how their behaviours affect others
- Apply emotionally intelligent communication skills to relationship building and maintenance
- Understand the concept of emotional intelligence and its workplace application
- Understand the relationship between EI and giving and receiving feedback
- Recognise how emotional intelligence minimises workplace conflict
- Understand emotional intelligence and how it affects your interactions with others
- Use the principles of emotional intelligence to enhance relationships with others
- Have skills and ability for positively influence the emotions and motivation of others
- Monitor and adapt your own emotions and behaviors for your benefit and that of your team
- Heighten your sense of empathy and social awareness to better interpersonal relationships
- Identify negative consequences of unmanaged emotions on your personal effectiveness
- Describe the importance of emotional intelligence to building good relationships
- Practice techniques to achieve greater self-awareness, self-control, and self-motivation
- Lower stress levels as a result of better understanding your emotions and those of others
This workshop is meant for all officers would like to improve their skills on Emotional Intelligence.
Day One (1).
08.00 a.m. Registration and welcoming remarks
- 45 a.m. Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Understand how to harness the power of positive emotions
- Clearly understand the benefit of raising their emotional quotient
- Identify and assess the components of Emotional Intelligence
- The keys to emotional intelligence success
- Understanding the EQ-I Competency Framework
- Strategies and tactics for managing emotions at work
- Develop tools for self-management and adapting to changing circumstances
10.30 am Break
11.00 a.m. Developing and Improving Workplace Emotional Intelligence
- Practical applications of emotional intelligence at work
- Identify and manage emotional behaviors that impact work-based relationships
- Improve ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people
- Implement emotionally intelligent insights to improve personal decision making and professional contributions
- Understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate high levels of collaboration and productivity
- Manage emotions and build personal resilience.
- Develop strategies for enhancing your emotional intelligence capabilities.
13.00 p.m. Lunch
14.00 p.m. Using Emotional Intelligence to Create a Positive Work Environment
- How to use awareness of emotions to manage relationships with co-workers
- Discuss how to use emotional intelligence to help create a powerful and positive work environment that allows everyone to succeed
- Understand how emotional intelligence can be used to motivate and inspire
- Discuss how to use emotional intelligence to analyze problems from more than one perspective in order to find the best solution
- Know how to manage emotions in decision making – when to consider your head and when to consider your heart
- Use emotional intelligence to interact with a team to enhance group dynamics
- Day one summary
Day Two (2)
08.20 a.m. Review of day one activities and setting the days’ goals and objectives
08.45 a.m. Managing Emotions and Collaboration through Teamwork
- Identify how team EQ skills impact day-to-day team functions
- Play up team strengths and identify immediate developmental opportunities using the Emotional Intelligence Appraisal
- Discover how to apply EQ to build teamwork and accountable leadership
- Building a team culture and identity and ensuring the team are aligned in such a way as to maximise the skills and capabilities of each member,
- Encourage respect and understanding of each other and ensure that teams are clear on team and organisational goals to support one another.
- Discuss how to improve your team’s effectiveness.
- Explore how to improve your team’s collective emotional intelligence EQ
10.30 a.m. Break
11.00 a.m. Managing Emotional Feedback
- Discuss how to control emotional impulses
- Understand the personal value of receiving critical feedback
- Avoid negative and defensive reactions to criticism
- Solicit information to further understand feedback
- Give and receive appropriate feedback and use trusted techniques to deal with difficult situations
- Knowing how to advocate diplomatically and without being defensive
- Explore how employees understand the value of seeking out and processing critical feedback
13.00 p.m. Lunch
14.00 p.m. Managing and Improving Workplace Communication
- Ensure appropriate responses to stressful and confusing situations at work.
- Develop empathy to improve workplace communication
- Apply collaborative, inclusive and creative communication practices
- Identify and develop your personal communication style while adapting your behaviours to better express your ideas in the workplace
- Identify practical tools and strategies to use in workplace communication
- Discuss how emotional intelligence can improve workplace communication
- Develop effective ways in which effective communication and emotional intelligence is involved
- Focus on EQ to improve workplace communication
- Day two summary
Day Three (3)
08.20 a.m. Review of day two activities and setting the day’s goals and objectives
08.45 a.m. Emotionally Intelligent Stress Management and Resilience
- Discuss how to develop your abilities to cope with stress and pressure.
- Identify your stress management and resilience with strategies to develop resilience in yourself and others.
- Determine how your emotional intelligence relates to your resilience.
- How do you develop emotional resilience and manage stress
- Determine strategies to manage stress and weather storms in the workplace.
- Assess and develop your own personal resilience.
- Evaluate ways to develop resilience within the hearts and minds of your team and your organisation.
10.30 a.m. Break
11.00 a.m. Managing Emotions and Personality Conflicts
- Identify and apply key emotional skills to a broad variety of workplace situations—regardless of emotional stress.
- Discuss how to agree and work together based on co-workers’ background, experience, gender, religion, personal ethics, or other differentiating factors
- Determine your behavioural preferences around managing and working with time and how they impact upon your flexibility.
- Develop strategies for dealing with conflict and have some ideas about how to resolve difficulties.
- Discover how emotional intelligence is used to resolve conflict and build emotional bonds.
- Discuss how to lead and not just manage through increased ability to recognize and encourage others
13.00 p.m. Lunch
14.00 p.m. Managing and Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the motivational and performance power of being an emotionally intelligent manager
- Understand the key components, skills and assumptions behind EQ
- Understand emotions and effectively apply the skills to strengthen leadership
- Know how to improve emotional intelligence (EQ) within a short period
- Develop and master the outstanding emotional skills required to be a leader
- Develop a rounded manager who is capable of enlightened leadership in a contemporary workplace
- Create positive high performance work environments as a result of your authentic leadership
- Day three summary
Day Four (4).
08.45 a.m. Review of day three and agreement of the day’s goals
09.00 a.m. Manage and Address Emotional Problems in the Workplace
- How to apply emotional intelligence to manage and address workplace problems
- Identify and apply key emotional skills to a broad variety of workplace situations-regardless of emotional stress.
- Explore how to control emotional reactions at work
- Discuss how to manage and address highly emotional employees
- Explain the value of emotional intelligence for leaders in the modern workplace
- Respond to emotionally charged situations in effective and competent manner
- Promote emotionally intelligent leadership behaviors within the organization
10.30 a.m. Break
11.00 a.m. Developing Relationships and Personal Impact through Emotional Intelligence
- Develop interpersonal skills such as self-awareness to recognize and understand one’s moods, emotions and drives as well as their impact on others
- Identifying the impact our emotional intelligence has on connecting with others
- Practicing listening skills that build and maintain empathy
- Cultivate empathy or the ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people and skill in responding according to their emotional reactions
- Develop interpersonal skills which indicate the individual’s proficiency in managing relationships and building networks
- Develop skills in responding to criticisms & adversity
13.00 p.m. Lunch
14.00 p.m. Improving Performance Management
- Identify how their own emotions affect their work performance
- Understand how applying emotionally intelligent skills can be used for developing high-performance teams
- Understand the key emotional intelligence skills and competencies required to develop high performance and maximise business performance
- Develop more self-awareness, specifically in relation to own strengths and emotional intelligence ‘blind spots’ and understand their own emotions and thinking patterns in detail
- Understand how emotional intelligence improves performance in the workplace
- How to construct a personal development plan that will enhance their emotional intelligence capabilities and thereby improve their career and personal success
Day Five (5).
08.45 a.m. Review of day four and set day five training goals
09.00 a.m. Emotional Intelligent Coaching Management
- How to use emotional intelligence tools to help in coaching to increase motivation and personal power
- How to use emotional intelligence tools to help in coaching to improve interpersonal relationships
- Practice and get acquainted with coaching tools and strength to support and intensify the work on attitude
- Exchange best practices and share experiences about coaching and emotional intelligence
- How to manage yourself, stress and mental focus more effectively
- Learn strategies to adapt your reactions and channel them into positive outcomes
- Developing your interpersonal capacity as a coach.
10.30 a.m. Break
11.00 a.m. Managing Change and Resistance through Emotional Intelligence
- Discuss how leaders or managers can drive change through emotional intelligent
- Learn how organisations can better manage employees’ emotions during change to restore productivity and deliver on employee experience
- Create a framework for dealing with emotions during the change process
- Present a new, deeper approach to self-understanding and reflection of change management
- How to successfully maintain an emotional balance and stay “in control” during trying times
- Understand the dynamics of emotional intelligence during change management
- Implement techniques that can help you achieve greater self-awareness and control
- Identify how your personality type preferences affect relationships at work
- Manage negative emotions during performance review
- Evaluation and closing remarks
13.00 p.m. Lunch